Thursday 3 December 2009

Bienvenue a Paris!

We traveled to Paris as a group a few weeks ago and what a trip it was! It has been my dream to go to Paris and I'm so grateful that I had the opportunity to go, even if it was only for a few days. I learned so much about the wonderful city and its culture. Paris is such a magical city!

One of our first stops in the city was Sacre Coeur. It is such a beautiful church set upon a hill. I did have to climb a few stairs to get to it, but the view of the city was totally worth it.
The second day of our trip, we made a trip out to Versailles. Both the interior and exterior of the palace were exquisite. The Hall of Mirrors was unreal! The extensive grounds were also very beautiful. Those kings were some spoiled men!
We made a trip to the Louvre, of course. Calling it huge is a major understatement. We spent three hours in there and hardly saw even one floor of one wing. It is awe inspiring, both inside and out.The Mona Lisa gets a whole wall to herself, as well as an everything-proof sheet of glass. Unfortunately you can only stand about ten feet away from it, but it was still a lot of fun to see probably the most famous painting in all the world.The Cathedral of Notre-Dame was my last stop of the day and was a great note to end on. We climbed up to the top of the tower and saw the big bell that would take over ten men to ring. We couldn't help picture Quasimodo scaling the side of the building and ringing the bell. Here is the famous gargoyle with a view of Sacre Coeur in the background.The three days I spent in Paris were some of the happiest and most interesting I have ever had. I love love love Paris and hope to return to this romantic and beautiful city very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment